Herbal Ayurveda Remedy
World's Premier Health Information Site
|Home Remedies | Beauty Tips | Important Ayurveda Tips | Ayurveda for Ailments | Herbs | Ayurveda Treatments | Query|
Best meal Ideas for Pregnant women
The feeling of being a mother is simply a blessing that can not be defined in words. This is one of the time when a mother has to take out time for herself from other daily jobs including cooking for oneself to get that required calories.
One of the best method to ensure that one is getting clean, nutrition rich food is to make a little extra for freezing and also to take some time every few days to cook some things that will keep in the fridge and allow you to put together easy, healthy meals.
Its always good to steam the vegetables and kept in the fridge in an airtight container and can be eaten cold with or without a salad dressing . Boil the vegetables for a few seconds and ensure you donít overcook so that they stay firm and retain a deep rich color. Hard vegetables like carrots take a longer cook time, whereas fragile/soft vegetables cook up quickly.
Below given are some suggestions as to what to keep in the fridge:
- Bake garnet yam, yellow fin or purple potato and keep in fridge. The combination of cold broccoli and yellow fins make a great combination! The garnet yams contain beta carotene, a good source of vitamin A.
- Boil/ steam short stemmed florets in a pan for 5 to 7 minutes (ensure it doesnít get too soft.) It can be eaten cold with a little dressing or add to salad. Contains vitamin C, fiber, folic acid and calcium.
- Shred beets in a food processor and steam for 5 minutes. Add chopped basil and a little brown rice vinegar. Also good if you want to combine carrots with beets. Both beets and carrots are rich in antioxidants and fiber. Basil is a source of B6 which can help with that queasy feeling when you are pregnant. Shred carrots, beets, dicon radish and keep in separate containers for quick salad makings. Itís a good source of vitamins A,C and K.
- Wash lettuce like Boston lettuce that has red tips and chop into bite size pieces and store in an air tight container. Lettuce stored like this stays fresh and can be used for next three days at the most.
- Beans salad with cans of chickpeas, kidney beans and black eyed peas which is rich in B-vitamins and fiber and can be used in salads.
- Simple seasonings like brown rice vinegar, tamari soy sauce, garlic, gomasio (sea salt and sesame seeds), raw seeds and nuts for toppings (sunflower seeds, pepitas, pine nuts), salt and of course pepper.
- Broths can be a tasty lunch to which you can add cooked(boiled/fried )peas, noodles for a fast and complete meal. You can use rice noodles and some sesame oil or soy sauce for an Asian inspired meal.
- The frozen vegetables are not always good. There are quite a few/reliable companies who make organic, frozen vegetables that have no added chemicals. Few handy things include, frozen peas, asparagus, broccoli, carrots and corn in the freezer.
Other Related Links