Herbal Ayurveda Remedy
World's Premier Health Information Site
|Home Remedies | Beauty Tips | Important Ayurveda Tips | Ayurveda for Ailments | Herbs | Ayurveda Treatments | Query|
Tinnitus is characterized by a ringing sound in either ears or both of them. The buzzing sound can be continuous or it may come and go at regular intervals. Tinnitus may be objective or subjective. In objective tinnitus not only the affected person hears the buzzing sound but those around him also are able to hear it while in subjective tinnitus the sound is heard only by the patient. Damage to the ears or age factors may be responsible for this problem. The wax particles in the ear are also responsible for this.
Symptoms of Tinnitus
The symptoms of Tinnitus are:
- Ringing sound
- Buzzing sound
- Roaring sound
- Clicking sound
- Whistling sound
- Hissing sound
Causes of Tinnitus
Some causes of tinnitus include:
- Inner ear cell damage
- Ear problems
- Chronic health conditions
- Injuries or conditions affecting auditory nerves or the hearing center in brain
- Age-related hearing loss
- Exposure to loud noise
- Earwax blockage
- Changes in ear bones
- Meniere's disease, an inner ear disorder
- Stress and depression
- Head injuries or neck injuries
- Acoustic neuroma, a noncancerous (benign) tumor
- Head and neck tumors
- High blood pressure
- Turbulent blood flow
- Malformation of capillaries
- Certain medications
Home Remedies for Tinnitus
These are some effective home remedies for Tinnitus:
- An effective home remedy for tinnitus would be to put 20-40 mg of Maidenhair tree extract inside the ears.
- For people who suffer from tinnitus because of loud noise, the best option would be to wear ear plugs.
- When suffering from tinnitus, it is advisable to avoid saturated fats, processed foods, sugar and salts.
- Coffee, tea, sweet foods and refined alcohol, all add to the tinnitus problem. It is advisable to avoid these foods and beverages.
- Include lots of fruits and vegetables, garlic, kelp and sea vegetables in your diet. Have food rich in protein, vitamin A, vitamin B, vitamin E, zinc and choline.
- Mix a tsp each of salt and glycerin in a pint of warm water. Use this liquid as a nasal spray, spraying it in each nostril until the solution drains to the throat.
- Exercising regularly is a good way to tackle tinnitus problem.
- Wearing earplugs is a good way to cure tinnitus at home. The earplugs can be of any variety, such as rubber, foam or moldable wax ones.
- Have lots of fresh pineapple, as it reduces the inflammation in your ear, thereby curing tinnitus.
- Chewing dry fruits helps enhance the blood circulation, thereby acting beneficially in solving tinnitus.
- Taking hot and cold foot baths, alternatively, proves effective in treating tinnitus.
Tinnitus Treatment and Advice
· If your tinnitus is due to stress then look for natural anxiety cures. Reduce tension and lead a stress free life.
· If ringing in the ears is happening due to nerve damage then techniques like deep breathing and yoga can help in curing your problem. These systems improve blood circulation and oxygen supply to the nerves and thus help in fixing the damage.
· If you are suffering from tinnitus due to high blood pressure or under active thyroid, then you'll have to undergo treatment for these infirmities for curing tinnitus.
Other Related Links