Herbal Ayurveda Remedy
World's Premier Health Information Site
|Home Remedies | Beauty Tips | Important Ayurveda Tips | Ayurveda for Ailments | Herbs | Ayurveda Treatments | Query|
Skin Abrasion is injury to the upper layer of the skin due to some frictional force. In Skin Abrasion the skin becomes red and there may be slight bleeding as well. Deep abrasions like cut on the skin may lead to the scarring of the tissues. Severe abrasion in which all layers of the skin are removed is called avulsion.
Symptoms of Skin Abrasion
The symptoms of skin abrasion are:
· Bleeding from the abrasion
· Skin Tenderness
· The abrasion often appears to ooze a certain fluid on the surface of the wound.
· When a person has an abrasion, they might sometimes experience a slight fever if they have an allergic reaction to the wound or their body reacts to the presence of possible bacteria found there.
· Crusting over of the abraded area in 3 to 5 days.
· Skin that looks scraped or irritated.
Causes of Skin Abrasion
The main causes of skin abrasion include:
· Falling on a hard, rough or jagged surface.
· Rough fabric, seams in clothing, ill-fitting shoes, or other parts of athletic equipment such as helmets and shoulder pads that constantly irritate the skin.
· vehicle accident
· Rubbing of the skin against textile material.
· Nappy rashes in babies are another form of abrasion.
· Use of contact lens for more hours than indicated.
Home Remedies for Skin Abrasion
Some useful home remedies for skin abrasion are described below:
· Neem water and aloe vera gel is natural anti-bacterial agent. Cut the aloe vera leaf and apply the contents directly to the abrasion.
· After cleaning apply honey. You do not need to cover the abrasion. Moreover, the honey, being sticky, in nature will stay on the injury for a longer time.
· The best way to cure skin abrasion is to apply a few drops of lavender oil on the affected area.
· Another remedy would be to dab the infected area with thyme tea.
· Calendula is anti-inflammatory, astringent and antiseptic. Calendula promotes new skin growth and stops bleeding.
· Home made salves and ointments made with tea tree, calendula and comfrey are effective in treating abrasions.
· Mix 5 to 6 drops of frankincense essential oil in a bowl of warm water and use it to clean the affected area. After cleaning gently apply 1or 2 drops of the same oil. Do it twice a day for 4 to 5 days.
· Put 4 drops of myrrh essential oil into a bowl of warm water and clean the abrasion with the mixture, after cleaning apply 2 drops the same on the affected area. Do it twice a day for 4 to 5 days.
· It is also helpful to wash the injured part of the skin with hydrogen peroxide. This will prevent the growth of any kind of microbes in the infected skin parts.
· Make a paste by crushing marigold flowers, plantain leaves and parsley leaves together. Apply this paste over the injured skin parts.
Skin Abrasions Treatment and Advice
· Monitor the wound for infection
· Dress and bandage the wound with a bulky dressing.
Other Related Links