Herbal Ayurveda Remedy
World's Premier Health Information Site
|Home Remedies | Beauty Tips | Important Ayurveda Tips | Ayurveda for Ailments | Herbs | Ayurveda Treatments | Query|
The inflammation of the par nasal sinuses is called sinusitis. Sinusitis is the result of infection from bacteria, fungus or virus, allergic reactions or other autoimmune issues .Sinusitis leads to the swelling of the sinuses and the nasal passage. Sinusitis can be sudden onset (Acute) or long term (Chronic).
Symptoms of Sinusitis
There are a large number of symptoms of Sinusitis:
- Constant sneezing
- Low grade fever
- Running nose
- Blockage of one or both nostrils
- Pressure around the head, eyes, and face
- Lack of appetite
- Difficulty in breathing
- Mucus flow from nose
- Nasal congestion
- Ear discomfort
- Severe body pain
- No taste of food
- Mood swings
- Reduced sense of smell
Causes of Sinusitis
Sinusitis is caused due to many reasons, which include:
- Inflammation of the sinus passages
- Over secretion of mucus by the membranes lining the nose and throat
- Problem in septum
- Swelling of the nasal bones
- Nasal allergy
- Viral infections
- Bacterial and fungal attacks
- Allergies related to skin
- Stressful lifestyle
- Too much intake of alcohol
- Excessive smoking
- Developmental disorders, such as cystic fibrosis
- Infections in the respiratory tract
- Inflammatory diseases
- Previous surgery
Home Remedies for Sinusitis
There are certain home remedies which may be very useful in Sinusitis:
- Raw vegetable juice is beneficial in treating sinusitis. Combine 300 ml of carrot juice, 100 ml of cucumber juice, 100 ml of beet juice and 200 ml of spinach juice and drink on a daily basis.
- Consuming fruits rich in Vitamin A is effective in sinusitis. One of the richest sources of the vitamin is mango. So, patients suffering from sinus should have lots of mangoes. Other food products rich in Vitamin A include pumpkin, leafy vegetables, egg yolk, tomatoes, papaya, carrots, curd and whole milk.
- Roast 100 grams of cumin seeds and mix them with 200 grams of pure ghee. Consume daily. It is one of the most effective ways to cure sinusitis.
- Take a tsp of black cumin seeds and tie them in a thin cloth. Inhaling from the cloth would be effective in reducing sinusitis.
- Boil a tsp of fenugreek seeds in half a glass of water, until the decoction reduces to half. Consuming 3 to 4 cups of this tea would help in expelling all the toxins, increasing the perspiration rate and thereby reducing fever, along with sinusitis.
- Pungent smelling vegetables, like onion and garlic, are helpful in curing sinusitis. Inhaling their smell would also prove to be beneficial.
- Steam is effective in curing sinusitis. It opens the nasal passage by draining the sinuses and making mucous flow easy.
- Avoid cold items and oily stuff. They trigger the upper respiratory diseases, instead of lessening them.
- Gargling with salted lukewarm water is beneficial in treating sinusitis. For this, add a pinch of salt in a glass of lukewarm water and gargle with it.
- Prepare ginger or cinnamon tea and drink it when it is slightly on the hotter side. It is helpful in curing sinusitis.
Sinusitis Treatment and Advice
· Treating allergies and colds prevents patients to have strong reaction against all irritants.
· Moistening the air in home help sinus drain better.
· Avoid pollution
· Drink lots of water
· Avoid temperature extremes
Other Related Links