Herbal Ayurveda Remedy
World's Premier Health Information Site
|Home Remedies | Beauty Tips | Important Ayurveda Tips | Ayurveda for Ailments | Herbs | Ayurveda Treatments | Query|
Someone has rightly said " Imprisoned in every fat man, a thin one is wildly signaling to be let out ". Being overweight is being vulnerable to many chronic killer diseases and the good news is obesity is curable, be it bariatric surgery or an exercise regime or simple home remedies powered by a strong will and determination.
Obesity is defined as weight more than 20% above what is considered normal according to standard age, height, and weight tables or a BMI of 30 or more, a major health concern as it hypertension and non insulin dependent diabetes. It has been associated with an increased incidence of certain cancers, notably cancers of the colon, rectum, prostate, breast, uterus, and cervix.
Causes of Obesity
It is caused by consumption of calories in excess of what are required for energy needs of the body. and this excess being stored as fat. Inactivity and lack of exercise can be contributing factors along with unhealthful patterns of eating established by the family and cultural environment. Weight loss experts also see obesity based on genetics and physiology. Although studies on obesity have yielded myriad treatments, but the focus remains on diet (especially a diet limiting fat calories) and exercise. Bariatric surgery is in news but it would not be long before one finds a big hole in one's pocket. So short n sweet home herbal remedies coupled with physical activity can help fight this stigma.
Home remedies for Obesity
- Exercise coupled with brisk walking.
- A teaspoon of honey, with two teaspoons of lime juice and a dash of pepper in a glass of water should be taken regularly.
- Drinking a glass of boiled water after every meal helps fight obesity.
- Spices like black pepper and cinnamon are tried and tested for weight loss.
- Mix the cinnamon and honey in the cup and make a paste. Add the boiling water and cover the cup for half an hour. Stir the mixture water and filter it. Wait until it cools enough for drinking. Take one half of the drink before breakfast and the other half after dinner, before going to bed.
- Ginger tea 2-3 times a day is also a good remedy.
- Shudh Guggul (Commiphora) is also beneficial. Take a teaspoon of guggul with ginger twice daily.
- Triphala is also good for weight loss.
- Ashvagandha ( Winter cherry) leaves taken with warm water three times daily is very helpful, avoiding fatty foods and including fresh green vegetables in the diet.
- Mint also helps lose weight, include it in salads and other forms like tea etc.
- Eat at least 5meals a day instead of just two or three and space them 2-3 hours apart.
- Eat small potions. Size does matter. Do not fill your plate with food. Take little and chew it well.
- Do not stuff your mouth with food until you have finished what is already there.
- Include Vitamin B-12 in your diet.
- Brisk walking daily for at least 30 minutes. Also regular walk after meals.
- Prefer eating steam, boiled or microwave vegetables.
- Decrease salt intake and drink 8-10 glasses of water daily.
- Replace whole milk with low-fat or skimmed milk.
- Roast , bake or boli meat and fish to destroy the fat.
Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and dinner like a pauper.You can't lose weight by talking about it. You have to keep your mouth shut.
Last but not the least build up on your will power to exercise and increase the physical activity and do not lose heart. Remember " Thin people are beautiful, but fat people are adorable."
Other Related Links