Herbal Ayurveda Remedy
World's Premier Health Information Site
|Home Remedies | Beauty Tips | Important Ayurveda Tips | Ayurveda for Ailments | Herbs | Ayurveda Treatments | Query|
Jaundice in simple words is a condition in which a person's skin and the whites of the eyes are discolored yellow due to increasing level of bile pigments in the blood resulting from liver disease. Jaundice is defined as yellow staining of the skin and sclerae (the whites of the eyes) by abnormally high blood levels of the bile pigment bilirubin. The yellowing travels to other tissues and body fluids. Jaundice at a time known as morbus regius. Jaundice is a yellowish staining of the skin and whites of the newborn’s eyes (sclerae) by pigment of bile (bilirubin).For babies’ jaundice are normal. Jaundice is due to the breakdown of red blood cells (which release bilirubin into the blood) and to the immaturity of the newborn's liver (which cannot effectively metabolize the bilirubin and prepare it for excretion into the urine Neonatal jaundice is also known as neonatal hyperbilirubinemia
Symptoms of Jaundice
Symptoms of Jaundice are:
- Yellow coloration of the eyes, skin, tongue and urine.
- Loss of appetite.
- Extreme weakness
- Nausea, severe constipation, extreme weakness.
- Fever, headache and undue fatigue.
- Bronze skin
- Bitter taste in mouth
- Pale feces
Causes of Jaundice
Here are some causes of Jaundice:
- Malfunctioning of the liver releases bile salts into the intestine, which get mixed with blood and give yellow color to the skin.
- Gallstones, inflammation of the liver (hepatitis) are the main cause.
- Obstruction of the bile ducts
- Hepatitis A ,Hepatitis B ,Hepatitis C ,Hepatitis D ,Liver cirrhosis ,Hepatitis E
- Pancreatic cancer
- Haemolytic anaemia,certain diseases affecting the liver such as typhoid, malaria, yellow fever, and tuberculosis
- Alcoholic liver disease
- Inflammation of the liver
Home Remedies for Jaundice
The most effective home remedies of Jaundice are:
Take a glass of fresh tomato juice, mixed with a pinch of salt and pepper early in the morning. It is an effective remedy for jaundice.
Extract the juice of bitter luffa by pounding and squeezing through a cloth. Take the juice on the palm and slowly sniff it. The juice should be drawn through the nostrils.
The green leaves of the radish are also an effective home remedy. Pound the leaves and extract the juice from them. Intake at least one pound of this juice daily.
Another effective remedy would be to mash a banana and add to it a tablespoon of honey. Have this mixture two times a day.
In a glass of buttermilk, mix a pinch of black pepper. Intake this for about a week.
Take 4 grams of Indian gooseberry with a glass of water. Have this thrice a day for about 20 days.
In a cup of boiling water, add 8-10 lemon leaves. Cover it with a lid for about 5 minutes. Now, strain the liquid and drink it. Repeat this for 4-5 days.
You can also take 20 ml of lemon juice mixed with water several times a day.
Treatment and Advice for Jaundice
Treatment and Advice for Jaundice are:
- The patient should rest till acute symptoms subside.
- Adopt fruit juice fast for a week.
- On rising – A glass of warm water with 2 teaspoon of lime juice.
- Breakfast – One juicy fruit like apple, papaya, mango, grapes or berries and 1 slice of whole wheat bread.
Other Related Links