Herbal Ayurveda Remedy
World's Premier Health Information Site
|Home Remedies | Beauty Tips | Important Ayurveda Tips | Ayurveda for Ailments | Herbs | Ayurveda Treatments | Query|
Influenza in simple words is a highly infectious disease that affects the respiratory (breathing) tract. Influenza is also termed as the flu or grippe.Influenza is caused by a virus. When inhaled, the virus attacks cells in the upper part of the respiratory system and causes fatigue, fever and chills etc.Influenza virus does not attack the stomach or intestines. Stomach flu is caused by other organisms, such as the salmonella or E. coli bacteria.
Symptoms of Influenza
Some symptoms of Influenza are:
- Fever (usually high)
- Tiredness (can be extreme)
- Sore throat
- Runny or stuffy nose
- Body aches
- Diarrhea and vomiting (more common among children than adults)
Causes of Influenza
Here are causes of Influenza:
- Influenza A virus
- Influenza B virus
- Influenza C virus
- Dietetic errors
- Faulty style of living
- Excessive worrying
- Lack of proper exercise
- Living in stuffy rooms
- Staying awake till late hours
- Touching infected things
Home Remedies for Influenza
The most effective home remedies for Influenza are:
- The best remedy to cure influenza would be to have plenty of fluids. Do not let the body get dehydrated as liquids thin all the nasal secretion.
- Dip a cloth with cold water and apply it on the forehead. This would be effective in curing influenza.
- In a cup of boiling water add, 1 tsp bayberry bark, 1 tsp grated ginger root and ˝ tsp cayenne powder. Allow it to sit for about 20 minutes before drinking. This is an effective way to cure influenza.
- Increase in the consumption of foods rich in vitamin C. this is because it gives a boost to the immune system and increases the white blood cells.
- Include garlic in the diet. Eat raw garlic empty stomach in the morning.
- Ginger tea is helpful in curing flu. Prepare a tea by adding 2-3 slices of ginger.
- Alternatively, instead of ginger, garlic can also be used. Make tea using 2-3 cloves of garlic.
- Combine ˝ tsp of powdered long pepper, two teaspoons of honey and ˝ tsp of ginger juice. Have this combination three times a day.
- In a cup of warm milk, add a tsp of turmeric. Intake such milk, thrice a day. Not only would it prevent complications arising from influenza, it would also activate the liver.
- Mix equal amounts of onion juice and honey. Consume 3 to 4 tsp of this mixture everyday.
- Prepare fenugreek decoction by boiling one tablespoon of fenugreek seeds in ˝ liter of water, till it is reduced to 1/3rd. In a cup of this fenugreek decoction, add a tsp of fresh ginger juice and honey to flavor. Intake this mixture.
- Intake grapefruit juice as it helps in treating influenza.
- Warm some water and mix a few drops of lemon and some honey. This is a good mixture to loosen phlegm.
- For the non-vegetarians, consume chicken soup as it is useful in treating influenza.
Treatment and Advice for Influenza
- Bed rest
- Drink extra fluids – at least one full glass of water or juice every hour.
- Acetaminophen (Tylenol), or Ibuprofen can relieve head and muscle aches. Aspirin should be avoided for children.
Other Related Links