Herbal Ayurveda Remedy
World's Premier Health Information Site
|Home Remedies | Beauty Tips | Important Ayurveda Tips | Ayurveda for Ailments | Herbs | Ayurveda Treatments | Query|
Hysteria may be defined as a state of mind, one of unmanageable fear or emotional excesses. Hysteria is characterized by hysterical disorders which makes a patient experiences physical symptoms that have a psychological instead an organic, cause; and histrionic personality disorder leaded by excessive emotions, dramatics, and attention-seeking behavior. Or Hysteria in simple words is a nervous affection most common in women, in which the emotional and reflex excitability is exaggerated, and the will power diminishes, so that the patient loses control over the emotions, becomes the victim of imaginary sensations, and generally falls into paroxism or fits.
Symptoms of Hysteria
Symptoms of Hysteria are:
· Heaviness in the limbs
· Severe cramps
· Strong feeling of ascending abdominal constriction
· Continual sighing
· Difficulty in breathing
· Feeling of a foreign body lodged in the throat
· Swelling of the neck
· Loss of consciousness
· Violent and tumultuous heartbeats
· No willpower
Causes of Hysteria
Some causes of Hysteria are:
· Sexual repression
· Excessive idleness
· Heredity factors
· Family history of nervousness
· Faulty emotional training
· Mental strain
Home Remedies for Hysteria
The most effective home remedies for Hysteria are:
· Appropriate sleep and regular exercise is very beneficial in treating patients with hysteria.
· Make asafetida a part of the regular diet. Include it in small quantity of 0.5 to 1.0 grams per day.
· Alternatively, the patient can also smell some asafetida every day.
· Add a gram of Rauwolfia root in a glass of milk. Intake this milk twice everyday - morning and evening. Drink this combination until completely cured.
· Grate the vegetable bottle Gourd and apply on the forehead of the patient. It is a very good treatment for curing hysteria.
· An effective way to treat hysteria patients would be to take utmost care of their diet. They should start with a fruit diet for all the three meals such as apples, grapes, oranges, pineapples, papayas, grapefruits, etc. Thereafter, follow an all-milk diet for a month.
· In a cup of freshly made lettuce juice, mix a tsp of Indian gooseberry (amla) juice. Have this mixture in an empty stomach every morning for a month.
· Consuming a tablespoon of honey everyday is beneficial in treating patients suffering from hysteria.
Hysteria Treatment and Advice
- The patient of hysteria should avoid alcohol, tea, coffee, tobacco, white sugar and white flour and products made from them.
- To keep away the sprains and swelling of the veins, Yoga is the best option. Regular exercising is also good. These things will reduce the strain and stress and give peace of mind to the patients of hysteria.
- Meditation is also very effective for treating hysteria. Many doctors also recommend their patients suffering from hysteria to do meditation.
Other Related Links