Herbal Ayurveda Remedy
World's Premier Health Information Site
|Home Remedies | Beauty Tips | Important Ayurveda Tips | Ayurveda for Ailments | Herbs | Ayurveda Treatments | Query|
Frequent passage of watery unformed stools recognised as Diarrhea.Diarrhea is typically associated with abdominal cramps. In Diarrhea due to excessive watery motion there could be deficiency of water in the body that cause dryness and that in severe cases may lead to death.
Symptoms of Diarrhea
Symptoms associated with diarrhea may include:
Dehydration, due to loss of body fluids and washing out of minerals from the body and nervous conditions.
Frequent loose, watery stools.
Dizziness from dehydration.
Nausea and Vomiting.
Causes of Diarrhea
Diarrhea is a common illness, which may last several days, and known as "intestinal flu," is occurs due to one of a number of viruses that infect the bowel, making it weep fluid. The excess of fluid in the bowel leads to liquid stools.
Diarrheas is due to a simple infection, usually caused by a virus.
Eating contaminated food or drinks.
Certain natural diseases affecting the intestines may also lead to diarrhea.
Overeating, laxatives, food poisoning or allergies may cause diarrhea.
Home Remedies for Diarrhea
There are several Diarrhea Home Remedies that help you to quickly recover without any harmful side effects.
- The pomegranate has proved beneficial in the treatment of diarrhea on account of its astringent properties. If the patient develops weakness due to profuse and continuous purging, he should repeatedly be given about 50 ml of pomegranate juice to drink. This will control the diarrhea.
- Buttermilk is one of the most effective home remedies in the treatment of diarrhea. Buttermilk is the residual milk left after the fat has been removed from curd by churning. It helps overcome harmful intestinal flora. The acid in the buttermilk also fights germs and bacteria. Buttermilk may be taken with a pinch of salt three or four times a day for controlling this disease.
- Fenugreek: Swallow a teaspoon of fenugreek seeds with a cup of water, buttermilk or curd, and make sure you don’t chew them.
- Yogurt contains lactobacillus, which is a probiotic bacteria that helps in antibiotic induced diarrhea. It replaces the good ‘gut’ bacteria that are destroyed when you take antibiotics.
- Mint juice is also beneficial in the treatment of diarrhea. One teaspoon of fresh mint juice, mixed with a teaspoon each of lime juice and honey, can be given thrice daily with excellent results in the treatment of this disease.
- In case of diarrhea caused by indigestion, dry or fresh ginger is very useful. A piece of dry ginger should be powdered along with a crystal of rock salt, and quarter of a teaspoon of this powder should be taken with a small piece of jaggery. It will bring quick relief as ginger, being carminative, aids digestion by stimulating the gastrointestinal tract.
- A very effective diarrhea remedy is to consume a strong cup of black tea without sugar.
- Crush a handful of fresh curry leaves. Grind them to a paste. Add one-fourth of a cup of water. Strain and have this curry-leaf juice with a teaspoon of honey once or twice a day. Chewing a few curry leaves twice a day will also help.
- The simplest remedy is to mix a teaspoon of salt with a teaspoon of sugar in a cup of warm water and sip this slowly.
- Take a cup of hot water. Add to this a tablespoon of lime juice. Drink this every fifteen minutes.
- Boil brown rice and water for 45 minutes eat the rice (it contains Vitamin B) and drink the water.
DiarrheaTreatment and Advice
Wash and dry hands thoroughly before meals. Do not eat foods or consume water from wayside stalls. Eat freshly cooked meals.
Eat small and light meals.
Do not drink apple juice this will make diarrhea worse.
Other Related Links