Herbal Ayurveda Remedy
World's Premier Health Information Site
|Home Remedies | Beauty Tips | Important Ayurveda Tips | Ayurveda for Ailments | Herbs | Ayurveda Treatments | Query|
Insulin is a hormone that is released by the pancreas. Insulin controls the amount of sugar (glucose) in the blood. Diabetes mellitus is a metabolic disorder in which blood sugar (glucose) levels are abnormally high because the body does not produce enough insulin.
Insulin is a hormone that is required to convert sugar, starches, and other food into energy. Diabetes mellitus Human body has to maintain the blood glucose level at a very narrow range, which is done with insulin and glucagon. The function of glucagon is causing the liver to release glucose from its cells into the blood, for the production of energy.
There are two major types of diabetes mellitus:
- Insulin dependent Diabetes (DM-Type I) in which the body is unable to produce insulin
- Non Insulin Dependent Diabetes (DM-Type II) in which the pancreas produces insulin, but it is insufficient for reducing the blood glucose to normal levels.
Desired blood sugar of human body should be between 70 mg/dl -110 mg/dl at fasting state. If blood sugar is less than 70 mg/dl, it is termed as hypoglycaemia and if more than 110 mg /dl, it’s hyperglycemia.
Symptoms of Diabetes
The most common symptoms of Diabetes are:
- Extreme hunger
- Unusual weight loss
- Frequent urination
- Excessive thirst
· Slow-healing sores or frequent infections
· Blurred vision
Causes of Diabetes
· DM type II is determined genetically and is expressed with age or other factors like obesity, diet and inactivity.
· Type 1 Diabetes is autoimmune disease that affects 0.3% on average. It is result of destruction of beta cells due to aggressive nature of cells present in the body.
· It occurs when the body produces enough insulin but cannot utilize it effectively. This type of diabetes usually develops in middle age.
· Obesity and Fat Distribution
· Stress· Sedentary Lifestyle
Home Remedies for Diabetes
Some effective Home Remedies for Diabetes are:
· Take ten tulsi leaves, ten neem leaves and ten belpatras with a glass of water early morning on an empty stomach. It will work wonders in keeping your sugar levels under control.
· Eat 10 fresh fully grown curry leaves every morning for three months. It prevents diabetes due to heredity factors. It also cures diabetes due to obesity.
· The best remedy for this disease is the bitter gourd, better known as ‘karela’. Eat this vegetable as often as you can or have at least one tablespoon of karela juice daily to reduce blood sugar levels in your blood and urine.
· The seeds of fenugreek have been found effective in the treatment of diabetes. Fenugreek seeds, when given in varying doses of 25 gm to 100 gm daily, diminish reactive hyperglycaemia in diabetic patients.
· Grapefruit is a splendid food in the diet of a diabetic patient. If grapefruits were eaten more liberally, there would be much less diabetes.
· Tea made of the pods of string beans is important in diabetes.
· Boil 15 fresh Mango leaves in 1 glass of water. Leave overnight. Filter this water and drink first thing in the morning. It is an effective home remedy for diabetes
Diabetes Treatment and Advice
· Drink eight to ten glasses of water daily.
· Do not take alcohol, soft drinks, and sugary desserts.
· Test urine regularly.
· Do regular exercises and yoga.
Other Related Links