Herbal Ayurveda Remedy
World's Premier Health Information Site
|Home Remedies | Beauty Tips | Important Ayurveda Tips | Ayurveda for Ailments | Herbs | Ayurveda Treatments | Query|
Dark circles is also known as Eye circles which are dark blemishes around the eyes.Dark circles is also termed as eyebags and raccoon attack.
Majority of the population gets dark circles under their eyes. Dark circles under eyes are generally temporary and does not need a medical concern. Dark circles are like dark blemishes around the eyes. Dark circles under eye gives us an appearance of tiredness or illness.Dark circle makes us to feel worse and is rather detrimental to our self esteem. The skin below our eyes is very thin and is sparsely dotted with oil glands. Due to several reasons the skin under the eyes becomes thin and dry. Veins below eyes appear prominently when the skin under eye becomes dry and thin.
Causes of Dark Circles
Some causes of Dark Circles are laid below:
- The skin below the eyes is very thin. The blood circulation below makes it to look bluish. It also depends on the color of the skin. It has different colors depending on your skin color.
- Any allergy, eczema or any condition which causes the eyes to itch can create the dark circles as a result of rubbing or pressing the eyes.
- Some kind of medication also causes the skin to look darker below eyes. The reason behind this is some medicines make the blood vessels to dilate and hence the eye circles look dark.
- Age is also an important cause. As the age increases the skin below eyes becomes more and more thin. Also the excess folds in skin make it to look darker.
Home Remedies for Dark Circles
The most effective home remedies for Dark Circles are:
A paste made from tomato juice, lemon juice, turmeric powder and little bit of gram flour is applied on the area to fade away dark circle.
Proper rest and sleep at least 6 to 8 hours is very essential for to avoid dark circles.
Apply kheera (cucumber) or potato juice below the eyes with the cotton balls.
Lemon juice mixed with tomato puree when applied twice daily is useful in treating dark circles.
Cold tea bags on the eyes help n relieving from dark circles.
Drinking of tomato juice with some leaves of mint, salt and lime juice also has good effects on the dark circles.
Application of mixture of lime juice, lanolin cream and cucumber juice under eyes for about 15 minutes relieves from dark circles.
Intake of large amounts of water is very helpful in lightening the dark spots.
Massaging almond oil on the dark circle is a good method to relieve from dark circle problem.
Vitamin E and ascorbic acid creams are highly effective in treating dark circles.
Freezed cucumber juice when applied on the dark circles fades it away to refresh your face.
Application of mint leave under eyes is effective remedy to remove dark circles.
Cotton balls soaked in rose water and kept over the eyes daily is a good remedy.
Do not apply sticky creams under eyes.
Dark Circles Treatment and Advice
- The green vegetables and fresh fruits help in making eye circles decrease.
- Drink as much water as possible because water gives naturally the moisture to the skin and helps in removing dryness and dark eyes problem.
- Some latest generation cosmetics are also helpful. These contain the properties which gives back the freshness and softness of the skin.
- Avoiding use of bleach or peels to make the dark circles around eyes light.
- Treat the cause of illness mentioned above.
- Sleep for sufficiently long hours to prevent formation of dark circles under eyes.
Do not scratch the under eye skin.
- Diet, which is rich in nutrients helps to remove dark circles around eyes.
- Lightly tap the under eye skin with one or two fingers to Increase the blood circulation.
Other Related Links