Herbal Ayurveda Remedy
World's Premier Health Information Site
|Home Remedies | Beauty Tips | Important Ayurveda Tips | Ayurveda for Ailments | Herbs | Ayurveda Treatments | Query|
Cracked heels are characterised by abnormal thickening and fissuring of the heel skin.Cracked heels are the most common foot disorders. Cracked heels may lead to bleeding and pain in the foot .Cracked heels may even lead to infections.
Symptoms of Cracked Heels
The major symptoms of cracked heels include:
· Experiencing pain when walking
· Peeling and cracked skin
· Appearance of flaky or red patches on the heel area
· Yellow or dark skin on the heel.
· Itching of skin in the heel area
· Hard growth of skin on the outer edge of the heel.
Causes of Cracked Heels
The main causes of cracked heels are:
· Prolonged standing
· Dry skin around the rim of heels.
· Improperly fitting shoes
· Exposure to dust
· Thyroid disease
· Over weight
Home Remedies for Cracked Heels
The home remedies given below are very effective in treating cracked heels:
· Apply any shortening or hydrogenated vegetable oil after washing the feet clean on dry and cracked areas of the feet. After applying a thick coat of shortening on the feet, wear a pair of thick socks. Leaving this application overnight can surely provide positive results in few days.
· Daily apply a mixture of rosewater and glycerin. It soothes your heels and cures them fast.
· Soak your feet in lukewarm water with a little soap in it. It will loosen the tight dead skin from your soles and heels.
· Massage your heels with coconut oil before going to bed in the night. Scrub properly and rinse off in the morning.
· Apply the pulp of a ripe banana on the dry or cracked area of the heel. Leave it on for 10 minutes and rinse it clean.
· Mix a teaspoon of Vaseline and juice of one lemon.Apply on the cracked and dried areas .It is a very effective remedy.
· Rubbing pumic stone too is helpful in clearing the dead dull skin.
· Soak the feet in lemon juice for about 10minutes. Follow this therapy on a weekly basis until one finds a change.
· You can even apply petroleum jelly or your daily body lotion on your feet.
· Applying the wet paraffin wax and mixing it well with little mustard oil should be applied in the night and rinsed off in the morning.
Cracked Heels Treatment and Advice
· Avoid wearing open backed shoes or thin soled shoes.
· When you get back from a long day, soak your feet alternatively in hot and cold water. Add some salt to this water.
· Wear shoes with good shock absorbing soles.
Other Related Links