Herbal Ayurveda Remedy
World's Premier Health Information Site
|Home Remedies | Beauty Tips | Important Ayurveda Tips | Ayurveda for Ailments | Herbs | Ayurveda Treatments | Query|
Fever is the condition of the body in which the temperature of the body goes beyond normal. Normal functioning of the body system is disturbed due to fever. Fever is a common ailment in both adults and children. A healthy body has an average body temperature ranging between 36.9 degree C and 37.5 degree C, or 98.4 Degree F and 99.5 Degree F. The marginal variations may take place depending on the intake of food, the amount of exercise, and the atmosphere temperature. Fever is part of the human body`s defense mechanism. In order to defend the body from infections, the body temperature may rise.
Symptoms of Common Fever
Common fever has the following symptoms:
- Slight shivering
- Pain in body parts
- Great lassitude
- Scanty flow of urine
- Fast pulse and respiration
- Profuse sweating
- Copious flow of concentrated urine
- Increased body temperature/ low temperature
- Lot of perspiration
- Heaviness and burning in eyes
- Coated tongue
Causes of Common Fever
The main causes of the common fever include:
- Intake of chemical or poison
- FUO (fever of unknown origin)
- Accumulation of morbid matter in the system
- Wrong feeding habits
- Unhygienic living conditions
- Excessive physical labor
- Prolonged drenching in rain
- Faulty medication
- Due to other diseases, such as common cold, flu, typhoid, cholera, etc
Home Remedies for Common Fever
- The simplest and the most effective home remedy for common fever is to have a decoction of basil leaves. Take about 12 grams of basil leaves and boil them in half liter water. Intake this once a day to relieve from common fever.
- Saffron also works very well in treating common fever. Put half a tsp of saffron in 30ml of boiling water. After the water has been boiled, prepare tea out of it. Let the person suffering from it have a tsp of this tea after every hour.
- Prepare a tea using half a tsp of fenugreek seeds. It would not only providing a soothing effect but would also dissolves the mucus accumulated in the chest.
- Raisins are also effective in curing a person of common fever. Saturate 25 raisins in ˝ cup of water. Once soaked, crush them in the same water. Strain the mixture and add ˝ tsp of lime juice to it. Have this tonic two times a day.
- Add a tsp of glucose or honey to a fresh juice of apricot. Apart from reducing the fever, it also satiates the need for liquids and gets rid of harmful products.
- Grapefruit juice also acts favorably in curing common fever. Prepare ˝ glass of grapefruit juice and add equal quantity of water to the concentrated mixture. Intake this mixture once a day to get relieved from the burning sensation.
- A person suffering from common fever is suggested to have lots of oranges. It increases the energy in the body and promotes resistance against infection.
- Another effective remedy to cure common fever would be to boil a cup of water. Add 1 tsp of turmeric powder, some ginger pieces, onion pieces, lemon grass, ˝ a tsp of black pepper and 5-6 basil leaves. Intake this mixture three times a day to treat common fever.
- Mix 10 grams each of raisins and fresh ginger. Crush this mixture and immerse it in 200ml of water. After about an hour, boil this decoction until the quantity of the water reduces to 50ml. drink this decoction when warm. It would cure common fever effectively.
- Prepare a juice using the leaves of tamarind and some turmeric powder with cold water. Have this to eliminate infection and fever.
- Take 1 tablespoon of honey and add few drops of limejuice and ginger juice. Consume this mixture as it would effectively treat common fever.
Common Fever Treatment and Advice
· Resting in bed
· Drinking plenty of fluids
· Gargling with warm salt water or using throat sprays or lozenges for a scratchy or sore throat
· Using petroleum jelly for a raw nose.
Other Related Links