Herbal Ayurveda Remedy
World's Premier Health Information Site
|Home Remedies | Beauty Tips | Important Ayurveda Tips | Ayurveda for Ailments | Herbs | Ayurveda Treatments | Query|
Cold sores are also called the fever blisters. The cold sores are small blisters formed around the lips and mouth. Cold sores cause the skin to become red, swollen and sore. Sometimes the blisters break open ejecting a transparent fluid. It takes from few days to a couple of weeks to heal.
Symptoms of Cold Sores
The main symptoms of cold sores are:
· Redness in the affected area
· Mouth Ulcers
· Development of small fluid filled blisters.
· Mild pain
· Some times gingivomatitis mainly in small children.
Causes of Cold Sores:
The main causes of cold sores include:
· Stress is a primary factor for cold sores to happen.
· Illness including cold and flue give rise to cold sores.
· Pregnancy or menstruation
· Kissing a person with active cold sores.
· Weak immune system.
Home Remedies for cold sores
The most effective home remedies for cold sores are given below:
· Apply a tea bag for few minutes on the blisters, repeat this every hour. One can also consider pressing a warm tea bag on the blisters for approximately 30 minutes.
· Olive leaf extract is good as a natural antibiotic for viral infections.
· Covering a cold sore with petroleum jelly will speed healing and help protect it from secondary infection with bacteria.
· Cut garlic in half and place one part on the cold sore. Take 2 garlic capsules a day.
· Rub ice on the infected skin for few minutes, repeat this every hour.
· Simply rub aloe juice directly onto the infected area for some fast relief. Aloe gels can also be used instead of fresh aloe juice.
· Use Echinacea and goldenseal extract mixture. Take one dropper-full a day for no more than 3 days. Also put a few drops on a cotton ball and place on the affected area for a few minutes several times a day.
· Dip your moist index finger in powdered common salt and press the sore for 30 seconds using this index finger
· Red grapes should be taken to fight cold sores effectively.
· Lemon Balm can be applied topically in cream form. Or brew as a tea lemon balm can be taken internally as it has antiviral qualities.
· Propolis helps in healing of cold sores quite effectively.
Cold Sores Treatment and Advice
· People with cold sores should wash their hands often, especially after touching the face.
· Get a new toothbrush. The old one probably has traces of the virus and will keep it coming back.
· Cups and eating utensils should not be shared with another person.
Other Related Links