Herbal Ayurveda Remedy
World's Premier Health Information Site
|Home Remedies | Beauty Tips | Important Ayurveda Tips | Ayurveda for Ailments | Herbs | Ayurveda Treatments | Query|
Blackheads are very common in young people and can appear at any part of the body such as on the back, chest and other areas that are rich in sebaceous glands. They are caused by excess of sebaceous glands (the oil producing glands of the skin). The excess secretion of oil expands and thickens the pores of the skin. The oil collects in the pores and develops into a cyst or swelling. The pores are then blocked with hardened sebum or oil. Since the pores are open, the tip of the blocked grease is exposed to the air and oxidizes, turning black. Hence, blackheads are formed.
Comedomes is another name for blackheads and it is a type of acne vulgaris. When the excess oil gets accumulated in the sebaceous glands ducts then it also pose a threat for causing blackheads. Also if you have the habits of doing makeup in excess and that too daily without any break, then it can cause the growth in the bacterium propionibacterium acnes and thus result in blackheads.
Areas most affected by blackheads
- Lower chin,
- Shoulders / armpits and back.
Causes of Blackheads
Following are the major blackheads causes:
- Improper skin care.
- Oily and combination skin.
- Hormonal changes.
- Hardened sebaceous secretion.
- Cosmetics which are oil based can also contribute to blackhead formation.
- Failures in the immune system.
- Infection in another portion of the body.
- Allergic reactions.
- Environmental pollution is one more cause of blackheads that gets get worse when proper hygiene is not sustained.
Home Remedies for Blackheads
Following are some of the effective home remedies for blackheads.
- Mix fresh limejuice with some ground drumstick pods and leaves. It has good results on the treatment of blackheads.
- Make a paste of ground radish seeds with water and apply on face to remove blackheads.
- An effective home remedy for blackheads would be to combine hot water, Epsom salt and iodine. Put 1 tsp Epsom salt and 4 drops iodine in 1/4 cup hot water. When the solution cools down, apply it on the affected area, with a cotton ball. After it dries, remove it with a clean cloth.
- Create a paste of roasted & powdered pomegranate skin with fresh lime juice and apply over boils, pimple, blackhead removal and whiteheads.
- Mix salt, lemon and honey, in equal quantities, and make a scrub. Yogurt can also be added to the mixture.
- Boil 2-3 teaspoons basil leaves in a cup of water. Steep 10-20 minutes. Cool, and apply with cotton ball. It is an effective herbal remedy for blackheads.
- Warm a little honey and apply on the blackhead areas. Wash off after 10-15 minutes. It is also a good remedy for blackheads.
- For removing blackheads, taking steam would be beneficial, as steam opens the blocked pores. After taking steam, rub the affected region with a towel for 1-2 minutes. Thereafter, splash it with cold water, closing all the open pores.
- Make a paste of fresh fenugreek (methi) leaves and apply it over the face every night for 10-15 minutes and washed with warm water. It is an effective remedy for blackheads.
- Apply grated potatoes to cure skin blemishes, wrinkles, boils, pimples, blackheads, whiteheads, etc. This is effective home remedies for blackheads.
- Egg white can also be used as a home remedy for blackheads. Beat the white portion of the egg and apply on the affected area. Wash off with water. While wiping the area, scrub it lightly with the towel.
- Make a paste of 5 gm red sandalwood and 5 gm turmeric, along with some milk. Apply this paste on the affected area and rinse off, after it dries
Blackheads Treatment and Advice
- Always keep your skin clean.
- Avoid eatables that are too oily.
- Donít dig Blackheads. Otherwise you will b left with ugly scars, open pores and skin infection.
- If you have a chronic blackhead problem, which look like Cysts then please consult a Dermatologist. You may have to drain them out..
- Keep your skin, hair & nails clean of oil, dirt & dandruff.
- Use a good face scrub.
- Clean and dry the area around the Nose and Chin thoroughly.
Other Related Links