Herbal Ayurveda Remedy
World's Premier Health Information Site
|Home Remedies | Beauty Tips | Important Ayurveda Tips | Ayurveda for Ailments | Herbs | Ayurveda Treatments | Query|
Bad breath (Halitosis)
Halitosis is the scientific term which is commonly known as bad breath, which is unarguably one of the most detrimental conditions to a person's personal and social progress. It is generally refereed as the odor which comes from the mouth mainly due to bacteria decomposing the food particles and emitting smelly sulfur compounds from food particles struck between teeth and tongue. It is for this reason is is one of the most common dental problem in the world.
Bad breath (Halitosis) causes
The main reasons for Bad breadth or rather( halitosis) and rather the trigger for bad breadth are ;
· Not eating breakfast.
· Mouth sores
· At times non oral parts such as upper and lower respiratory tracts, the gastrointestinal tract, and some diseases involving the kidneys may also be the reason.
· Poor dental hygiene,
· Tooth Infection, tooth decay, gum infection
· Plaque on the tongue can cause bad breath where bacteria can grow.
· Smoking and excessive used of alcohol based mouth refreshments.
· gastrointestinal disorders such as indigestion or stomach problems.
· Gum disease such as gingivitis
· Drugs (Paraldehyde, inhaled anesthetics, insulin injection, etc.)
· Intestinal worms.
· Accumulation of food between teeth.
Remedy for Bad breath (Halitosis)
There are lot of home remedies and tips that may help you with bad breath(halitosis)
· All fruit and vegetable juices are beneficial in the treatment of halitosis and should be taken liberally by those suffering from this disorder. Juices from green vegetables are especially valuable.
· Increase in the intake of foods rich in vitamins C and E. These help in reducing the bad breath.
· Unripe guava is useful in halitosis. It is rich in tannic, malic, oxalic, and phosphoric acids as well as calcium, oxalate, and manganese. Chewing it is an excellent tonic for the teeth and gums. It helps cure bleeding from gums and stops bad breath.
· Chewing one clove after meals daily will help dealing with bad breath.
· Eat parsley to reduce bad breath.
· Eating yogurt for 4-6 weeks will completely remove bad breath(halitosis).
· Simply dilute 1/2 tablespoon of the apple cider vinegar into a glass of water and gargle it in your mouth for 10 seconds at a time.
· Parsley, coriander, basil, rosemary, thyme, wintergreen, cardamom seed , bark, clove, fennel or anise seeds are great breath fresheners. Slowly chew any of these herbs and allow the saliva to build up in your mouth.
· Gargle with baking soda or lemon dissolved in some warm water. Cleaning tongue with it is also very beneficial.
Other routine treatment for bad breath (Halitosis)
· Brushing teeth after every meal will prevent bad breath.
· Brushing and flossing teeth regularly can rid off bad breath.
· Drink water throughout the day.
· Avoid food items belonging to garlic family.
· Take food products that are rich in zinc as they check the growth of anaerobic bacteria in the mouth.
Other Related Links