Herbal Ayurveda Remedy
World's Premier Health Information Site
|Home Remedies | Beauty Tips | Important Ayurveda Tips | Ayurveda for Ailments | Herbs | Ayurveda Treatments | Query|
A chronic disease, asthma is related to problems in the respiratory system. Asthma is an ancient Greek word, which means 'panting or short drawn breath'. Age is not a factor for this disease, as it can affect young and old alike. Asthma causes shortness of breath, constriction of the airways, coughing, wheezing and excess mucus in the air way. In this condition, a foreign body enters the windpipe and causes partial blockage or irritation. An allergic condition, it is triggered by exposure to an allergen, environmental or tobacco smoke, cold or warm air, perfume, pet dander, moist air, exercise or exertion, emotional stress, etc. Certain home remedies prove beneficial in treating the ailment. In the following lines, we provide you with natural remedies to cure asthma.
Symptoms of Asthma
· Cough or wheezing with physical activity.
· Increased nighttime cough.
· Persistent runny nose, dark circles under your eyes or itchy, inflamed skin.
· A feeling of tightness in chest and difficulty in breathing.
· Among the children the symptoms are severe during night.
Causes of Asthma
There are various reasons for the occurrence of asthma. In the following lines, we have provided the main causes and symptoms of asthma.
- Genetic or hereditary cause.
- Environmental factors (pollution, pollen, etc) - Systemic diseases.
- Mental stress.
- Allergens like Pollens , Air pollutants, Smoking and second hand smoking.
- Respiratory infections.
- Common cold, Sinusitis.
- Cold air, OR air with dust particles.
- Medications: Aspirin, NSAID, Beta blockers.
Home Remedy For Asthma
- Warm a ripe banana on a slow flame. Mash it and sprinkle some black pepper on it. Have this for instant relief.
- Mix 13 ml of fresh honey with 20ml of a paste of basil leaves (made by grinding basil leaves with water). Have this mixture as soon as you feel an attack coming.
- Sprinkle some black salt on holy basil leaves (after washing them thoroughly) and eat them.
- Another efficient cure for asthma would involve having roasted grams every night. After eating grams, drink a glass of warm milk.
- The most effective remedy for curing asthma would be to have finely powdered turmeric with honey. Grind turmeric, with mortar and pestle. Add 1 tbsp of the powder to 2 tbsp honey and eat the resultant mixture.
- A paste of rock salt and ghee or mustard oil, when rubbed on the chest, would be beneficial in stopping the asthmatic attack.
- Take a glass of water and add two tsp fenugreek seeds. Boil this mixture, until only 1/3rd of the solution remains. Let the decoction cool down and then drink it.
- Consumption of three to four dry figs every morning would prove useful in curing a person of asthmatic attack.
- A glass of warm milk, with a tsp of turmeric powder added to it, will be beneficial in keeping the asthmatic attacks at bay.
- Take a tablespoonful of safflower seeds and add a tablespoonful of honey to them. Eat this once a day.
- Make a paste of Indian gooseberry, banyan root and honey. Mix 250 gm Indian gooseberry, 50 gm banyan root and 125 ml honey and make a paste. Consume this paste 1 tsp at a time.
- Another remedy would be to take a glass of limejuice, to which a teaspoonful of ginger juice has been added.
- Boil a glass of milk, with ten garlic cloves in it. After the milk comes to a boil, remove it from heat, strain and let it cool down. Drinking this decoction would effectively reduce asthmatic attacks.
- Drumstick leaves, when boiled in water, efficiently cures asthma problems. In a cup of water, put a small cluster of drumstick leaves and bring to a boil. After boiling for 3 to 4 minutes, strain the water. Add a few drops of lime juice, along with pinch of salt and pepper. Drinking this will help cure asthma.
- Put three tbsp of water in a pan and add six pieces of cloves. Bring the water to a boil, remove from heat and strain. Let it cool down a bit, add a tsp of honey and eat the mixture.
Other Related Links