Herbal Ayurveda Remedy
World's Premier Health Information Site
|Home Remedies | Beauty Tips | Important Ayurveda Tips | Ayurveda for Ailments | Herbs | Ayurveda Treatments | Query|
Dengue is a virus transmitted by the Aedes-type mosquito, This mosquito is active during the day. The mosquito often breeds in clean water and often bites at the ankles while the victim is sitting at a table with his or her legs in the dark. The victim gets fever which is like common fever till day 2, and slowly worsens as the days continue.
There is as such no treatment for Dengue, , it usually takes 5-7 days for the first symptoms to occur . The only natural cure is letting the bodyís immune system do the job in two weeks or so while the patient suffers painfully, and needs to go to the hospital regularly to check the blood for signs of Hemmorhagic Fever.
Symptoms of Dengue
- Symptoms usually start with high fever lasting 3 to 5 days.
- Rash, severe headache, pain behind the eyes, and muscle and joint pain. The severity of the joint pain has given dengue the name "break bone fever.
- A rash usually appears 3 to 4 days after the start of the fever. Rashes are a major indicator of damage to the body.
- In dengue hemorrhagic fever (DHF), the blood vessels start to leak and cause bleeding from the nose, mouth, and gum
Home remedies for Dengue
There is no specific medicine to cure dengue since it requires controlling the loss of platelets. How ever there are various home remedies which help in reduction of loss of platelet count along with increasing the same.
- The juice of papaya leaf has been seen to arrest the destruction of platelets.
- Coconut juice twice a day is also a great cure.
- Neem leaves, Neem Oil are a great purifying agent and should be applied on a damp warm cloth in dosages of between 15 to 60 grams 2-3 times daily.
- The young and fresh leaves are most recommended. About four to five teaspoons, twice a day, for at least a week to get the best results.
- Fruits rich in vitamin C.
- Drink as much water as you can in order to replace fluid loss. It will also help to bring down body temperature.
Though the dengue fever can go away with platelets count back to normal in 10 days however the patient still requires a rest of 4-6 weeks.
Use of aspirin and disprine in dengue is strictly forbidden as they auxiliary increase the platelets destruction
The short duration and recurrence of symptoms are what really distinguish malaria from other dengue
Always ensure that people who have been infected under a mosquito net so they donít infect others, because once they have the disease, any mosquito that bites them can transfer the disease to others.
Other Related Links