Herbal Ayurveda Remedy
World's Premier Health Information Site
|Home Remedies | Beauty Tips | Important Ayurveda Tips | Ayurveda for Ailments | Herbs | Ayurveda Treatments | Query|
Dandruff (Pityriasis Capitis)
Dandruff is termed as a stage when skin flakes comes out of the scalp. The medical name for dandruff is pityriasis capitis .Dandruff usually refers to the condition of the head skin in which shiny, silvery scales disconnect from the scalp and gather amidst the hair. The situation can become worrying when the skin gets infected.
Symptoms of Dandruff (Pityriasis Capitis)
If you notice small, loose, whitish flakes on your scalp or trapped in hair strand with an itchy feeling, you have a dandruff problem.
But then it is not quite that simple, excessive flaking can also be a symptom of seborrheic dermatitis, psoriasis, fungal infection or excoriation associated with infestation of head lice.
The type of flakes, whether they are oily or dry, hints at the cause of the problem is Dandruff.
Causes of Dandruff (Pityriasis Capitis)
Causes of Dandruff are:
· Development of a toxic condition mostly due to taking of wrong foods.
· The reasons for dandruff may be poor nutrition.
· Deficiency of zinc.
· High use of alkaline soaps and shampoos.
· Emotional tension and general exhaustion.
Home remedies for Dandruff (Pityriasis Capitis)
Dandruff can be treated using natural remedies. In the following lines, we provide some home remedies for curing dandruff.
- Combine two tablespoons of vinegar and six tablespoons of hot water. Take a cotton ball and apply the above made combination with it on the scalp. Keep this overnight and wash off your hair next morning.
- Mix olive oil and almond oil in equal proportions. Leave it for about 5 minutes.
- The use of a teaspoon of fresh lime juice for the last rinse, while washing the hair, is another helpful remedy.
- For a person who applies henna, mash beetroot leaves in it. Apply this mixture on head to prevent dandruff and hair fall.
- Two tablespoons of fenugreek seeds must be soaked overnight in water and ground into a fine paste in the morning. This paste should be applied all over the scalp and left for an hour. The hair must then be washed thoroughly with soap-nut (ritha) solution or shikakai.
- Conditioning the hair using cider vinegar after shampooing also acts beneficial in removing dandruff.
- Have a hot steam bath. First, massage your head with hot oil and then wrap a hot damp towel. Keep this for a few minutes after which wash your hair.
- Rub the juice of snake gourd on the scalp for the treatment of dandruff.
Other Dandruff (Pityriasis Capitis) treatments
· Hair must be brushed every day to get better circulation.
· Stay hair and scalp clean to avoid accumulation of dead cells.
· Meats, sugar, white flour, strong tea or coffee, condiments, pickles, refined and processed foods must all be avoided.
· Brushing your hair with a natural-bristle brush also proves beneficial. Brush your hair from your scalp outward with steady, firm strokes. This will carry oil from your scalp, where it can cause dandruff, along the hair strands, which need the oil to stay shiny and healthy.
Other Related Links