Herbal Ayurveda Remedy
World's Premier Health Information Site
|Home Remedies | Beauty Tips | Important Ayurveda Tips | Ayurveda for Ailments | Herbs | Ayurveda Treatments | Query|
A perennial plant with square stems. Reaches a height of 2 feet. Prefers
well-drained soil and full sun to shade. White to yellowish tubular flowers occur
in clusters on axils of leaves. Fresh leaves are used in salads, vegetables, poultry, stuffing, punch and on fish. Dried stems and leaves are used in teas. The plant dies down in winter, but the root is perennial. They also have a distinct lemon taste.
Botanical Name: Melissa officinalis
Family Name: Labiatae.
Common Name: lemon balm, balm
Part Used: Herb.
Habitat: South Europe, south of England, especially in mountainous situations.
Properties of Erva Cidera
· Contains in volatile oils
· To Increase the healing
· Free radical scavenging
· Neurological activities
Uses Of Erva Cidera
· Carminative, diaphoretic and febrifuge.
· It is excellent in colds attended with fever.
· Used with salt.
· The oil is used in perfumery.
· used as one of the ingredients of pot-pourri.
· The oil of lemon is distilled over balm and used in perfume
Other Related Links