Herbal Ayurveda Remedy
World's Premier Health Information Site
|Home Remedies | Beauty Tips | Important Ayurveda Tips | Ayurveda for Ailments | Herbs | Ayurveda Treatments | Query|
An herb well-known to Mexican and
The plant has a strong creosote type smell.
Botanical Name: Chenopodium ambrosioides.
Family Name: Chenopodiaceae.
Common Name: American Wormseed, Apasote, Chenopode, , Mexican-tea,
Part Used: Leaf and flowers
is commonly found as a garden herb.
Properties of Epazote
• Anti flatulence
• In the children to rid them of intestinal parasites.
• Anti dysentery.
• Usually added toward the end of cooking to prevent bitterness
• It has also been for nervous disorders, asthma.
• In menstruation problems.
• Mexicans and Central Americans use epazote fresh in salads, soups
Other Related Links