Herbal Ayurveda Remedy
World's Premier Health Information Site
|Home Remedies | Beauty Tips | Important Ayurveda Tips | Ayurveda for Ailments | Herbs | Ayurveda Treatments | Query|
Though the name is Brazil Nuts, the most significant exporter of Brazil nuts is not Brazil but Bolivia. In Brazil these nuts are called castanhas-do-Para. Brazil nuts for international exports and trade come entirely from wild collection rather than from plantations. Brazil nuts also contain small amounts of radioactive radium. Although the amount of radium is very small but most of it is not retained by the body. Brazil nuts have one of the highest concentrations of phytic acid.
Botanical Name: Bertholletia excelsa.
Family Name: Lecythidaceae.
Common Name: Sapote, gutta-percha, phlox, persimmons.
Part Used: Nut and flowers.
Habitat: Guianas, Venezuela, Brazil, eastern Colombia, eastern Peru and eastern Bolivia. On the banks of the Amazon, Rio Negro, and the Orinoco.
Properties of Brazil nut
Uses of Brazil nut
· Reduces risk of both breast cancer as well as prostate cancer.
· Brazil nut oil is also used as a lubricant in clocks.
· Also used for making artists' paints.
· Used in the cosmetics industry.
· The wood of this tree is also of excellent quality but logging the trees is prohibited by law.
· Health commentators and nutritionists to recommend the consumption of Brazil nuts as a protective measure.
Other Related Links