Herbal Ayurveda Remedy
World's Premier Health Information Site
|Home Remedies | Beauty Tips | Important Ayurveda Tips | Ayurveda for Ailments | Herbs | Ayurveda Treatments | Query|
Aloe Vera (Natural care taker of skin)
Aloe Vera, , is a species of succelent plant, perennial plant whose height is 1.5 metres having a strong fibrous root with a large stem that supports lanceolate leaves. The leaves of plants whitish green in color and on the margins it has spiny teeth..Aloe Vera probably originated in Northern Africa, somewhere around Canary islands. Aloe Vera also known as the medicinal aloe is generally found in arid climates and is widely distributed in Africa, India. Aloe vera is one of the most cited herb since it is highly used in cosmetics.
Botanical Name : Aloe Vera
Family Name : Liliaceae
Common Name : Aloe, Barbados Aloe, Curacao Aloe, Socotrine , Indian Aloe, Aloe, Zanzibar aloe
Part Used : Flowers, Roots and leaves
Habitat : South Asia, Africa ,South and south western India.
Properties of Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera is a bitter herb with anti-inflammatory, astringent, emollient, anti fungal, antibacterial and antiviral properties, and is useful in the eradication of parasites and stimulating the uterus. It contains a host of compounds that are biologically active and includes Anthraquinones, Saccharides and prostaglandins apart from many other constituents.
Uses of Aloe Vera
It is surprising Aloe Vera has more then 500 uses. Some of the most common uses are listed below:
1. Internal uses
· The herb is used internally to combat most digestive problems, including constipation, poor appetite, colitis, irritable bowel syndrome, asthma, diabetes, immune system enhancement, peptic ulcers etc.
· Aloe Vera contains Aloemannan which stimulates the growth of healthy kidney cells and helps to slow the formation of kidney stones.
· Aloe Vera juice is used for relive from heartburns peptic ulcers.
· Aloe Vera is used to treat menstrual problems in women.
· The oral use of Aloe Vera can be used on patients suffering from Asthma.
2. External uses
· Aloe Vera is used in the treatment of many external problems like skin irritation, burns scalds, sunburn, wounds, eczema, psoriasis, acne, dermatitis, ulcers, to stimulate cell regeneration.
· Aloe Vera helps in reliving from sun burns. Aloe Vera has more then 300 including lignin which is a chemical compound which is present inside the skin cell’s wall and help in quick healing.
· Aloe Vera is very helpful against insects bite. Aloe Vera’s natural healing and soothing properties quickly heal the insects or bug bites while its natural cooling effects give quick relief from itching and pain. Aloe Vera gel stops their further infection, kill and eliminate foreign organisms if they are present.
· Aloe Vera helps in formation of new cells and tissues and it highly effecting in curing frostbite.
Apart from the above mentioned there are more than 500 uses of Aloe Vera
- Aloe Vera is highly used in cosmetics and is also commonly known as Aloe Vera: natural caretaker of skin.
- Aloe Vera is used for instant relief from burns due to its great cooling effects.
- Aloe Vera is used as natural moisturizer for getting soft skin.
- Aloe Vera is used to reduce skin wrinkles, hyper pigmentation, body lotion, rashes, body scrubber etc.
- Aloe Vera heals herpes .
- Aloe Vera helps in minimizing infection of eyes and ear.
Other Related Links